The U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service has loaned the Lake Erie Islands Chapter of the Black Swamp Conservancy equipment to use for its restoration and preserve management efforts on the islands! Thanks to Megan Seymour from the USFWS for delivering the goods to the Miller Boat Line and to Peggy Leopold of LEIC-BSC board for picking them up! We have already put the wheelbarrows, shovels, and rakes to use with volunteers at the Massie Cliffside Preserve on South Bass Island.
More Recent Activity
- Park District of Ottawa County Hiking Challenge September 24, 2023
- Pre- and post-monitoring pollinator habitats at Middle Bass, South Bass, and Kelleys Islands September 11, 2023
- Lake Erie Islands Fall 2023 Bird Banding Schedule September 11, 2023
- Fall 2023 Tree and Plant Sale September 5, 2023
- Duff Homestead Closing September 1, 2023
Annual Meeting awareness Bird Banding birds birdseed christmas Conservancy East Point Preserve education environment Event festival gifts islandwildlife kids Lake Erie Islands Lakes LEIC-BSC maintenance work massie cliffside preserve Middle Bass Island music music festival native plants Nature Nature Camp nature walk news newsletter Pelle Island poker kayak day Press House Patio purple martin Put-In-Bay Quotes about Boats Sale Scheeff East Point Scheeff East Point Nature Preserve Sea Cadets social network Spiders Tom Barlett Trees volunteer water trails